HAS A DEATH OCCURRED? WE ARE AVAILABLE 24/7 CALL: (253) 200-9767 LIVE CHAT
Obituary of Patricia Heenan
Patricia Ann Heenan, 76, of Graham, Washington, peacefully passed away on August 31, 2022. She was born on February 21, 1946 to Joseph and Eleanor Kennedy in Peoria, Illinois.
Her list of accomplishments in her 76 years is long and varied, from her 20 years as a New York Life agent, to the many independent business ventures she pursued. There are many homes and lives that have been made more beautiful because of her eye for just the right “tweak” to their environment. Her most treasured accomplishment is the family that she created. Her daughters Kirstie and Katie flourished, following her example. Although Katie preceded her in death her time was still filled with examples of her mother’s influence. Kirstie is raising four beautiful children and working in the field of education and her mom’s influence can be seen everywhere.
On the Sunday before she passed she was able to be with her whole family and spent the afternoon dispensing wisdom and having wonderful conversations. These are some of the things we have all learned from her and we think that she would want you to know.
Lessons I learned from my mother:
- Always give people the benefit of the doubt. Understand there may be something bigger going on in their lives then you can see.
- Always take the time, whether it is to pause for a phone call from a friend or to let that conversation go on a little longer.
- Never hesitate to tell people how much you love them.
- Never pass up a bargain.
- Always buy the cute shoes.
- Always take the trip and never pass up an adventure.
- Kindness is the rule of the day.
- Hugs are medicinal.
- Always be ready to host and understand that hosting is as easy as making someone feel special.
- People need to feel welcome and heard.
- No matter how hard the road, it is important to just put one foot in front of the other and keep going.
- A good sense of comedic timing is everything and be willing to laugh at yourself.
- Follow your dreams and pursue them with courage and no one did this better than Mom.
She is survived by her high school sophomore year Halloween dance partner Jerry Heenan, her daughter Kirstie Brar and son-in-law Jaspreet Brar, and the lights of her life her grandchildren, Nate and his wife Taylor, Kalina, Nicholas, and Brynna, as well as her brother Robert Kennedy and his wife Sandy and so many loving family members. She was reunited with her mother, her best example of how to live a life, as well as her beautiful daughter Katie and many other treasured family members.
Services will be held at Hill Funeral Home, 217 E. Pioneer, Puyallup, 98372 on Saturday, September 10 at 10:30.To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Patricia Heenan, please visit Tribute Store